A Warehouse Management System (WMS) is a key component of a company's supply chain and controls the movement and storage of products and the associated transactions with them. A good WMS also helps optimize the storage and flow of materials within the four walls of the warehouse. A well implemented WMS enables you to see what inventory is or will be available, organize work and align resources and labour to satisfy customer requirements, and optimize fulfilment and distribution processes to ensure that products are delivered on time and in full, each and every time.
A key consideration while implementing a WMS is the integration capability of the software with other systems in the IT landscape of the organization. Business processes, which are triggered in other application components (such as SAP-ERP), lead to physical goods movements in your warehouse. A well integrated WMS will help you organize, control, and monitor these goods movements without any errors.
ThinkLink offers end-to-end implementation of Warehouse Management Software solutions for manufacturing, distribution, retail enterprises and third-party logistics providers (3PLs) that can be used by enterprising organizations of all sizes. We help companies in evaluation, selection, implementation, and ongoing support of Warehouse Management Software.
Our Warehouse Management Solutions can help you in the following areas:
- Inventory Management - multiple units of measure, lot control, and catch weights improve inventory accuracy and visibility to offset margin squeeze.
- Work and Task Management - deep functionality for work order/location grouping into batches and waves optimizes productivity
- Labor Management - forecasting, time and attendance, assignment scheduling, enforcement of standards optimize labor and reduce costs
- Cross-Docking - flow-thru, trans-shipment, and opportunistic process capabilities increase inventory speed and throughput
- Slotting and Optimization - the ability to arrange SKUs advantageously within a range of pick faces/slots accommodates variable demand
- Value-Added Services - deferred manufacturing, preparation of store-ready pallets, light assembly, and kitting enable customization of products closer to the point of sale
- Multiple Inventory Ownership, Billing, and Invoicing - the ability to track multiple inventories, employ multiple business rules, and manage billing for multiple customers improves 3PL and distributor efficiency
- Voice-Directed Distribution - voice-enabling order selection, replenishments, put-aways, transfers, and receiving enhances productivity and accuracy
Some of the benefits realized by customers after implementing our Warehouse Management Solutions are:
- Reduced inventory levels by 5 to 20 per cent
- Increased labour productivity by 15 to 40 per cent
- Improved shipping accuracy by 2 to 5 percent
- Increased inventory accuracy by 99+ per cent at location level
- Boost in perfect order rates
- Reduced direct operating costs and increased overall revenue