Logistics Parks and Free Trade Zones are being developed to provide one-stop shops for warehousing, value addition services, cargo handling, transportation, customs clearance and office infrastructure. These zones are strategically located, networked and laden with every facility that is required to offer a clear time and cost advantage. Some of the other benefits that are offered by Logistics Parks and FTWZs are faster regulatory clearances, reduced capital expenses, supply chain visibility and flexibility, large amount of warehousing space at one place, parking facilities, weighbridge, filling stations, and financial organizations, integrated park management taking care of general maintenance, landscaping, security and waste management.
The rapid evolution of organized retail in India, a thrust for manufacturing through proposed development of Special Economic Zones, the emerging large food processing sector, and development of modern 3PLs has made modern and well developed supply chain infrastructure indispensable. The development of a modern retail sector will necessitate streamlined supply networks with well developed storage infrastructure between the source and the end consumer. In addition, exemption on SAD, VAT & CST on imports and a potential shift to a National Goods and Services Tax are also likely to provide an impetus to the sector, leading to logistically optimal networks with larger footprint of single facilities. Careful planning, design, and implementation of facilities in this sector would not only increase profitability but also serve as a game changer in the Indian logistics landscape.
ThinkLink is well placed in providing end-to-end consulting and implementation services in setting up logistics parks and FTWZs across India. We possess the right experience to plan, design, build, operate and service logistics parks and FTWZs. With our highly qualified consultants in this sector, we provide specialized services across all stages from planning through build-out and operations of these engagements.
Our systematic design process in developing logistics parks and FTWZs includes the following:
- Opportunity Identification : This is done during the initial phase of the project and covers the following areas:
- Landscaping and feasibility study for green field and brown field sites
- Financial analysis for project scoping
- Land Identification based on costs, manpower availability, connectivity, and expansion opportunities
- Competitive analysis and industry benchmarking
- Alignment of business goals with the project so that the overall objectives are met
- Identifying key industries/segments and products to start with
- Design : During this phase, detailed customer/industry requirements are evaluated in order to aid in the following:
- Assistance in assessing different modes of entry and finalizing on best suitable options by leveraging available options
- Detailed facility layout plans, infrastructure selection, customer audit to decide on key segments and functions
- Assessment of locations to drive-in and create a robust plan around it
- Assessment of existing/proposed infrastructure including, water supply, sanitation, drainage, waste disposal, power and logistics
- Risk management framework as part of the project plan
- Build-out : This involves build-out and commissioning of the infrastructure as listed below:
- Facility build-out and network design in creating a best-in class facility
- Leverage and streamline supply chain systems with various service provider alignment
- Build-out IT systems and organization structure
- Go-Live : This is the final phase in our FTWZ and Logistics Park engagements:
- Training of employees on different systems – IT, Safety, Material Handling equipment etc.
- Business development to seek out new clients and ensure high-level of customer service
- Implementation and post go-live support if and when required