As profit margins shrink and battle for market share becomes more intense, businesses are under pressure to reduce logistics costs and improve serviceability. Due to the increasing complexity of supplying businesses with materials and shipping out products in an increasingly globalized supply chain, organisations are realising that supply chain and logistics management is an integral part of an organization. The Transport and Logistics sector is becoming a strategic partner to organisations in delivering business excellence at the right cost.
As goods move efficiently within the country and across its borders, they support overall GDP growth, make the economy and local businesses competitive, and drive employment generation. Therefore the Logistics and Transport sector is also a key enabler for overall economic development and one of the largest employment generators in the economy.
India's transport sector is large and diverse and it caters to the needs of 1.1 billion people. Good connectivity in the urban and rural areas is essential for economic growth. Since the early 1990s, India's growing economy has witnessed a rise in demand for transport and logistics services. Major improvements in the sector are required to support the country's continued economic growth and to reduce poverty. Improper logistics infrastructure and transportation bottlenecks are impacting the country's economic growth by about two per cent every year.
India, like an large economy, has a strong base of road, rail, port, and air transport infrastructure and services. Yet all of these areas require major investment and adoption of best practices to support the India growth story and also harness the available business opportunity.
Key growth areas for the logistics and transport sector include Modern Retail, Cold Chain Management, Rail Freight Services, Air Cargo operations, Third Party Logistics Services,Innovative Surface Transport Services, Infra – SEZ, FTWZs, Logistics Parks, Maritime Sector – Ports, Minor Ports, CFS, ICD, Coastal Shipping, Shipping, International Trade
ThinkLink works with its clients across these sectors as a Partner who can support best-in-class management thinking and drive implementation on the ground in India.
ThinkLink's solutions for Transport and Logistics can be categorized into two major areas:
Business Advisory : In addition to core transport and logistics consulting services, we possess a very good understanding of the business pulse, operating environment and the experience of working with large number of players and using that as a basis to provide strategies for growth, product development, and project management. We are your partner for the following initiatives:
- Acquisitions and Partner Search : We carefully select customized plans to draw pre-qualified and motivated potential partners for you to help your business grow.
- Program and Project Management : We can help you in achieving your project goals and objectives while considering different market and operational constraints.
- Implementation Services : We differentiate ourselves by rolling-up our sleeves and being the true implementers of business solutions. Our experts possess the world class know-how and also the local market knowledge to customize the solutions as per the Indian market.
Operational Excellence : We help companies with strategy development and implementation for long-term sustainability. Our team of experienced professionals understand the challenges faced by businesses in the local and global logistics and transport markets and we have applied this expertise to offer customized solutions to boost your business performance.
Please refer to our solutions for Logistics and Transportation sector below:
- Logistics Optimization : Design and Modeling of Logistics and Distribution Networks.
- Logistics Engineering : Logistics Simulation, Material Handling re-engineering, Turnkey Project Management of Logistics Infrastructure like Distribution Centres, Logistics Parks, Cold Chains, Food Parks, FTWZ's, ICD's from design to build out phase.
- Logistics Automation : Integrated Material Handling Design and Implementation, Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems, Sortation Systems, Technology selection and implementation of Warehouse Management Systems, IT enabled solutions such as RFID and Bar-coding.
- Fleet Routing and Optimization : Route Planning and Scheduling for private or dedicated fleets, Load Consolidation, Mode and Carrier Selection.
- Multi-Modal Transport Optimization : Air, Ocean, Rail and Surface Transport Network Design, Planning and Management.
- Transport Management Systems : Selection and Assessment, implementation and integration of the right TMS Software for your business.